An introduction I guess, I mean, I'm new and that seems to be the point of "introduce yourself", I'm terrible at titles.

Hi! I'm 19 (M) and was officially diagnosed with "high functioning autism" about 10 years ago.

My biggest interest is trains and railways, but I do also like to read (I have library cards in 4 different municipals, there might be a connection), skiing (cross country), to watch tv programs about nature (especially BBC's) and science. I like languages, I speak Swedish fluent (also English of course), I've read German in school and I've borrowed a course in Japanese and French (not like I've been bothered using them yet). I like to write in general but my imagination is really poor. The same goes for drawing. I've recently started to read some psychology and it seems interesting, some parts of it at least, maybe, just maybe, I'll try to read it at university next year. I tried to read maths at a university far away from home this autumn but it didn't really work out well. Music ... well I listen mostly pop I think, but it can be whatever I find interesting and at the latest it's been pretty much music written by a doctor.

I'm terrible at introductions too.

I've no idea what I should use the tags for either, but these to made sense for my brain.

I feel so bad for being so stupid as I apparently have been that I don't understand anything. I'm sorry. Cry

• welcome Slight smile dont worry about tags, u should be clearly be at a university of some sort

• I had a gap year, went to uni to do maths and dropped out in the second term. It had all been too much for me. I tried again a few years later part time, but it didn't work. Then I went fulltime again at 24 and everything went well. I'd learnt the life skills to focus, and I made friends with people in town rather than students which I found easier. I enjoyed the course and got mostly good marks. And I enjoyed the 6 years 18-24 too!

• Hello and wellcome to the forum. I like trains as well and quite like the standard steam loco's and class 37 locos as well as the AC class 86/87/90 loco's. I enjoy train journeys and look forward to being able to travel again in the new year.

• I have an interest in travelling by train and the train stations, but not trains themselves.

I enjoy watching Micheal Portillo's great railway journeys.  And I have re-traced some of his steps, unfortunately I am not as kind in my opinion of some of the places and stations he has visited.

He worships the Victorian architecture of places.  I consider stations such as Hull and Manchester Victoria to be absolute pits.  Towns like Todmorgan were very disappointing.

I enjoyed travelling, a few summers ago I was buying the 5 and 8 day unlimited train travel tickets across regions in northern England.  I finally got to visit places and stations I wanted to see at a reasonable price.

In one day I started in Leeds. Stopped off in Darlington, Durham, Newcastle and Hexham.

Two days later, I stopped off in Carlisle, having travelled across the Settle Carlisle line and ended up in Scotland in Dumfries.

One thing I dislike is train spotters.  Once many years ago, on a Sunday evening, I was sitting alone at table seat, when I was joined by three train spotters.  Who spent the next hour discussing with each other the great weekend they had spotting trains at stations such as Crewe, Stoke on Trent and Wolverhampton.  It was hell.

I enjoy the travelling and visiting places.  

• Neither i can, it sucks, i can't socialize