Hello from a newbie

HI All,

Short message as I am not really sure what to say here as I have not actually done this kind of chat before!

The reason why I am here is I am in my 50's but only have been diagnosed with being on the spectrum this year, which was somewhat of a surprise! So now I am processing the many issues and problems I have in my life without knowing why and with their knock on effects. And having to do this this year with all the extra pressures on us! Although I feel that having my diagnosis 'should' be liberating, I am not actually sure. Sometimes I do think this, other times not so much? I would welcome talking to other folks who have had a diagnosis as an adult and their experiences?

All the Best

PMc

Parents
  • Hello,

I was diagnosed in my late thirties and it took me a while to learn more about how Autism affects me and how to cope. I joined a local support group and have made many friends there. I also subscribe to both NAS magazines and contribute to them which I find helpful. The community is a big help and I do enjoy reading the posts here. Yes, I have had many problems but am learning to be more relaxed and find it liberating. 

• Hello,

I was diagnosed in my late thirties and it took me a while to learn more about how Autism affects me and how to cope. I joined a local support group and have made many friends there. I also subscribe to both NAS magazines and contribute to them which I find helpful. The community is a big help and I do enjoy reading the posts here. Yes, I have had many problems but am learning to be more relaxed and find it liberating. 

Children
No Data