introducing myself

Hi, 

I'm Abbie I'm new here, I'm 21 and was diagnosed 5 years ago.  I've been feeling quite lonely recently. I don't find talking very easy, I get nervous and think I've said something wrong and then start to feel that people are laughing at me 

i like drawing and making things, my favorite things to make are pom poms 

Parents Reply Children
  • thanks, 

well once i finish my apprenticeship, my boss said i will have job there so that was good to hear so i don't have to find a new job somewhere I'm not familiar with, so once my apprenticeship finishes i will be a Level 1 support worker, so ill have a lot more training to do. i don't think ill ever stop doing training as with health and social care you have to keep up to date with everything as things can always change. i want to end up being a support worker and an activities coordinator as i love doing activities. i hope this makes sense im not very  god at explaining things  Slight smile 

• well if ever u need to do something ask here.

Working form home is great I save about 50 quid per week o the car ( diesel + maintenance ). Some days it can be hard to motivate yourself because your boss is not here :)  Also I wear what I like. And if i get stressed I can walk around my garden.

Where do u think u will end up,,,, i mean is there an aim to your training ?

• Yeah its BSL I'm doing. it can be heard to learn but the teacher I have is really good, but the thing is if you don't use much you do lose it its something you have to keep using to keep isn't it. I find learning the alphabet was easier to learn for me, its learning all the signs that I'm finding difficult and remembering them, and also some areas have different signs for the same word which make it harder. 

i bet working from home is nice, the one thing i don't really like is getting up early but once I'm up ok and i do enjoy the walk to work most of the time unless a lot of people are out walking as well and then i just start to panic but its ok most of the time as it can be fairly quiet sometimes depends on the time of day. 

I'm not that good with technology and computers I can do the basic stuff like opening the internet and searching on it or open a word document but that's just about all I can do. 

• you're fine at conversation,

I am so happy you are working and getting good feedback from your work.

its funny I tried a bit of sign language ( i'm assuming BSL) . It was ok I just didnt get to use it much. 

My name id  pronounced "A" then "D"  which takes just 2 signs that was a deliberate design of my name lol

for a job I test software very much like this very website. The programmers write the code and then they hand it over to me to find the errors and things that do not work.. Its high pressure one month, and low pressure next month. The nice thing is that I am working from  home all the time.

• I'm doing an apprenticeship in health and social care, I work with adults who are deaf and so I'm learning sign language as well  which I'm really enjoying at the moment. GrinningSlight smile 

i love my job its helped me so much, my confidence has improved so much from when i first started there, i mainly come up with the activities to do at work. it is really fun. 

what job do you do? what do you like to do? sorry I'm not good at conversations, i never really know what to say.