Middle aged recently diagnosed ASD

All the years I thought I was brilliantly unique, and my impeccable arguments were simply not understood because 98% of people are moronic.  This crutch  (cruised on for 4 decades), dashed once I found my traits match most others on the spectrum.  Took a year to recover from the disappointment.  Wife finally is over "imposter" syndrome.  Most others seem to be quite agreeable with diagnosis rather than be crushed that all the wild ideas regarding my particular genius being  mere symptoms of a neurological disorder that can't be fixed with pills or booze.  Haven't painted in a year.  Slim chance,  but I ask, has anyone else ensured this enlightenment in such a devastatingly negative manner?  :(

Parents
  • Hi Ziemael, I am looking to be diagnosed but I know that all i can expect is help navigate the world which is not used to dealing with people with neurological disorders. You are still brilliantly unique and I understand when people can't counter your arguments because I have that too, I think it is because we are looking at the same data but with a different perspective. Keep on painting I hope your wife is being supportive. 

• Hi Ziemael, I am looking to be diagnosed but I know that all i can expect is help navigate the world which is not used to dealing with people with neurological disorders. You are still brilliantly unique and I understand when people can't counter your arguments because I have that too, I think it is because we are looking at the same data but with a different perspective. Keep on painting I hope your wife is being supportive. 

Children
No Data