Autism Beaten?

I have had a few learning difficulties myself, but i would not say i have autism. I have joined with forum, to learn off others, and see if there is anything i know to know for the future and also how i can help you. I do not offer advice but i do have proactive and positive and constructive conversations with people.

I understand autism is how the brain reacts. Some of the most successful people in this life, had faced autism. Such as Dan aykroyd and Robbie williams. 

If they can succeed, i believe anyone else can too. 

I would like to learn of you. How do you combat your autism, and control it?

Leave a post and i will try to engage and read them all. Thank you.

Parents
  • I don't think you can 'beat' autism - but you can use its effects to your advantage.     There are lots of famous actor / singer auties - but they are providing a performance for a very limited period in one go - a big burst - and we don't get to see what that takes out of them or how much down-time they need afterwards to recover.

I think you can succeed if you know yourself and work to your strengths - I'm a nerd so I went in to high-tech and got to the very top.    I've worked in places where I fitted in well but I've also been in places where I've been bullied mercilessly - but the money was excellent so I took it.   

In most places I've been able to work pretty much autonomously - the management saw that I did good stuff so left me alone to do it - that allowed me to be pretty autistic - on my own - so I wasn't diagnosed until in my 40s.

• I don't think you can 'beat' autism - but you can use its effects to your advantage.     There are lots of famous actor / singer auties - but they are providing a performance for a very limited period in one go - a big burst - and we don't get to see what that takes out of them or how much down-time they need afterwards to recover.

I think you can succeed if you know yourself and work to your strengths - I'm a nerd so I went in to high-tech and got to the very top.    I've worked in places where I fitted in well but I've also been in places where I've been bullied mercilessly - but the money was excellent so I took it.   

In most places I've been able to work pretty much autonomously - the management saw that I did good stuff so left me alone to do it - that allowed me to be pretty autistic - on my own - so I wasn't diagnosed until in my 40s.

Children
No Data