Autism Beaten?

I have had a few learning difficulties myself, but i would not say i have autism. I have joined with forum, to learn off others, and see if there is anything i know to know for the future and also how i can help you. I do not offer advice but i do have proactive and positive and constructive conversations with people.

I understand autism is how the brain reacts. Some of the most successful people in this life, had faced autism. Such as Dan aykroyd and Robbie williams. 

If they can succeed, i believe anyone else can too. 

I would like to learn of you. How do you combat your autism, and control it?

Leave a post and i will try to engage and read them all. Thank you.

Parents
  • First of all in my opinion, autism is not something you combat or control. I am autistic, and nothing I do or say can be separated from autism, because it’s the way I am. it’s the way your brain works and the way you perceive the world and I don’t believe there’s anything wrong with that at all. It’s the neurotypical world which makes it so difficult for autistic people to exist. 

Combatting and controlling myself sounds exhausting if not impossible. I really don’t understand what neurotypicals obsession is with trying to get rid of our autism as if it is a disorder or illness. There’s literally nothing wrong with how my mind works and so so so much which is right with it and positive for me. That’s not to say other autistic people don’t struggle, I am only speaking from my own experience and I understand that every Autistic  individual is different and has different needs. 

• First of all in my opinion, autism is not something you combat or control. I am autistic, and nothing I do or say can be separated from autism, because it’s the way I am. it’s the way your brain works and the way you perceive the world and I don’t believe there’s anything wrong with that at all. It’s the neurotypical world which makes it so difficult for autistic people to exist. 

Combatting and controlling myself sounds exhausting if not impossible. I really don’t understand what neurotypicals obsession is with trying to get rid of our autism as if it is a disorder or illness. There’s literally nothing wrong with how my mind works and so so so much which is right with it and positive for me. That’s not to say other autistic people don’t struggle, I am only speaking from my own experience and I understand that every Autistic  individual is different and has different needs. 

Children
No Data