Hello

Hi, just to introduce myself, I'm a 40 year old male who was diagnosed with ASD very recently, in February. Looking forward to some good discussions, perhaps to start with whether to be properly "out" at work, and on my work and personal social networks.

Parents
  • Hey & welcome,

Whatever you do has to be what's right for you and what you're comfortable doing. I chose to come out at work as Autistic which could have gone one of two ways. Luckily my boss at the museum was pleased and thanked me for the honesty and my neighbours already knew I was Autistic when they hired me to babysit their children.

I don't like having to mask or hide my condition. I'm Autistic and it makes me the person I am, I don't want to have to hide that. If people don't like it then that's their problem not mine.

• Hey & welcome,

Whatever you do has to be what's right for you and what you're comfortable doing. I chose to come out at work as Autistic which could have gone one of two ways. Luckily my boss at the museum was pleased and thanked me for the honesty and my neighbours already knew I was Autistic when they hired me to babysit their children.

I don't like having to mask or hide my condition. I'm Autistic and it makes me the person I am, I don't want to have to hide that. If people don't like it then that's their problem not mine.

Children
No Data