I’m a man with female phenotype asd and was diagnosed yesterday

Hi, as it says in the subject I’m a man who was diagnosed with female phenotype autism and every time I search my new diagnosis all that comes up is to do with women, I was told by my assessors that they are trying to get the name changed but it’s hard for me to find any information about men with this version of autism. I was wondering if any of you could help or maybe some of you are in a similar situation , anyway I was just want to know more about it so any help with this would be appreciated , thank you  

Parents
  • I don't think there really are subtypes of autism. All that means is that you're autistic, but you've learned to pass as non-autistic by masking or camouflaging. I hope those are more useful terms to look up. I'm a man and I mask in certain situations.

• I don't think there really are subtypes of autism. All that means is that you're autistic, but you've learned to pass as non-autistic by masking or camouflaging. I hope those are more useful terms to look up. I'm a man and I mask in certain situations.

Children
No Data