Identify as

What do you class yourself as or what do you call your Autism? I am interested to know. For example I call myself an Autistic biscuit

Parents
  • I usually refer to I; but perhaps it is better to use we.

I suppose it might also be interesting to have a more imaginative label, so how about Senor Moment? It has some personal meaning. I address myself aloud (when in comparative privacy) a great deal, and it usually takes the form of Mr + Surname. But as that moniker is very familiar to almost all Brits, I think it would be unwise for me to use it here. Here's why! I have almost unanimously found that any admission by my quite senior self is not at all acceptable to most people (in more than one country), even though I am obviously and widely perceived as more than a bit eccentric. People have a tendency to say stuff like 'Get a Life!'  It would sometimes be tempting to reply that I already have one that i am reasonably happy with, but it is obviously not to their taste. The crazy thing is really that my tastes are really rather conventional. But obviously they still don't mask sufficiently for most people. it seems a lot of people feel some real need to feel superior to others.

• I usually refer to I; but perhaps it is better to use we.

I suppose it might also be interesting to have a more imaginative label, so how about Senor Moment? It has some personal meaning. I address myself aloud (when in comparative privacy) a great deal, and it usually takes the form of Mr + Surname. But as that moniker is very familiar to almost all Brits, I think it would be unwise for me to use it here. Here's why! I have almost unanimously found that any admission by my quite senior self is not at all acceptable to most people (in more than one country), even though I am obviously and widely perceived as more than a bit eccentric. People have a tendency to say stuff like 'Get a Life!'  It would sometimes be tempting to reply that I already have one that i am reasonably happy with, but it is obviously not to their taste. The crazy thing is really that my tastes are really rather conventional. But obviously they still don't mask sufficiently for most people. it seems a lot of people feel some real need to feel superior to others.

Children
No Data