Hello

Hi,

I'm an adult with Asperger's and I wanted to say hello. I don't often participate in forums, but I have been stuck on my own for 3 months because of the lockdown and I'm really feeling stressed. I'm originally from Italy and none of my relatives live near. Unfortunately, I don't get along with my neighbours.

I really could use some cheering up.

Parents
  • Hello there, this is probably not going to take that much longer.

In the beginning I thought I could learn a language or so, but then I thought, what if I learn Chinese and there are no more Chinese people after the plague. 

• Hopefully not! Slight smile

I've actually started studying Mandarin because of the lockdown, on Duolingo. I doubt I will ever become proficient at it, but it is a beautiful and very challenging language.

• I hope this helped a little bit to cheer you up. Wow, learning Mandarin, sounds like a real challenge. I guess also useful if you ever go to visit the Chinese countryside, they don't have signs in English everywhere. 

The only thing about chinese language I know is that the sign for house is the sign for 'pig' with a little roof on top of it... indicating how important they consider it rear some animals on the side. 

My daughter visited China last summer. She was very impressed by the country and culture. She went on an organised trip from school, and it contained some events that you can't subscribe to as a regular tourist.

• I'm just interested in animals and ecology, always had been. 

• She did enjoy herself, they had some kung fu demonstrations ... I would have also wanted to be there.

I read here you enjoy nature and animals, what's your story about that?

• That's sad. I'm glad your daughter enjoyed herself, though.

• I'll ask her. She did bring home some banners for her room and the experience was rather pleasant. She did have a feeling the society was a bit paradoxal. Different, less freedom of speech. 

Reply Children