Greetings!

Oh gosh! 

I’m not good at this so bear with me (not a real bear..) 

I was late diagnosed. 43 to be exact and I’m now 54. I live in Dorset but was born in Devon. 

After 23 years in the Civil Service I was made redundant and spent three years unemployed before finding work for a charity which helps older people with their taxes. Been there just about 7 1/2 years now. 

I also have ADHD and Fibromyalgia and have had two small strokes.

Having ADHD has made studying hard (I was only diagnosed last year) so I’m not a great achiever. No University for me. 

I love to travel and have been to places as diverse as Egypt, India, Burma, Iran and Cambodia. I’m passionate about Egyptology, Snakes, Football, Video games and I enjoy music and books. 

And that’s me!. 

Parents
  • Hello, welcome. Nice to read your intro. Please feel free to join in!  I am not adventurous like you but I like the anonymity I get when travelling and my partner says that I'm the real me, too.

I'm not sure what that is, but I feel less inhibited I suppose. Maybe there are no expectations to fulfil... I am demand avoidant and autistic. And I'm better at languages than my partner so I always have to do the negotiations Smiley

• Thank you. 

it’s a little easier being me whilst travelling because people don’t have expectations as they don’t know me. Plus I’m doing something I’m passionate about and interested in which makes me far more ‘chilled’ than the usual day to day anxieties. 

• Thank you. 

it’s a little easier being me whilst travelling because people don’t have expectations as they don’t know me. Plus I’m doing something I’m passionate about and interested in which makes me far more ‘chilled’ than the usual day to day anxieties. 

Children
No Data