Greetings!

Oh gosh! 

I’m not good at this so bear with me (not a real bear..) 

I was late diagnosed. 43 to be exact and I’m now 54. I live in Dorset but was born in Devon. 

After 23 years in the Civil Service I was made redundant and spent three years unemployed before finding work for a charity which helps older people with their taxes. Been there just about 7 1/2 years now. 

I also have ADHD and Fibromyalgia and have had two small strokes.

Having ADHD has made studying hard (I was only diagnosed last year) so I’m not a great achiever. No University for me. 

I love to travel and have been to places as diverse as Egypt, India, Burma, Iran and Cambodia. I’m passionate about Egyptology, Snakes, Football, Video games and I enjoy music and books. 

And that’s me!. 

Parents
  • Hey, I also like music and would like to volunteer for a charity to support people with learning disabilities. What kind of work do you do for the charity? Do you personally go to visit and help the people with their taxes?

• Hey, I also like music and would like to volunteer for a charity to support people with learning disabilities. What kind of work do you do for the charity? Do you personally go to visit and help the people with their taxes?

Children
  • Personally speaking I don’t do face to face meetings as I’m not comfortable in that environment. We have plenty of volunteers who do the face to face side of things.
    I do most of the email type enquiries, answer letters and quite a lot, regrettably, over the phone.
    Been home working for the last ten weeks and the novelty has worn off.