hello from USA Tn

Hi there.  I am an adult female.  My dx is DID and PTSD.  But I recently looked into HFA because one of my neices was just dx with that.  When I was talking with my mom about it, she told me the symptoms that alerted the school to check my neice were the same types of things I did at that age.  Even still... like walking on my toes becuase the textures touching my feet make me go bonkers inside!!!    

I took a quize on line and was shocked at how high my score was.  I knew I was not like others.  But I also had abuse history so I just thought my inability to trust others , understand society, or get jokes was all because of the bad stuff.

I have done some research on HFA and I FINALLY feel like I make sense to myself!

So so many things I have seen from others with Autism Spetrum match the way I experience the world.  And my entire life I have felt like a total outsider... like an alian species trying to learn from humans... no kidding!  And now I finally feel like there are others who get me and I do fit into a part of the human species!