Let me introduce myself!

Hi guys!

My name is Albert,I'm 19 years old and I was recently diagnosed with Asperger's Syndrom by my therapist. 

She suggested to me that I should check out an autism forum and... well here I am! Nice to meet you all! Wink

I live in Germany and study computer science right now. I've always been good and interested in computers,programming,math and that sort of thing. I guess that's the thing with Autism,right? You have some very special interests like that. Besides that I am also really into psychology. I've been reading psychology books for years now and I recently started reading Carl Jung and he is absolutely brilliant! Upside down

Ehrm... I don't really know what to say...I've never really been in a forum like this one before Sweat smile. How are you all doing? 

It's a lot easier for me to write people than to actually talk to them in real life or on the phone. I love texting!!! It's so much fun. Does anybody else feel the same way? Who else prefers texting over talking? Grin

I would love to hear from you!!! Heart eyes

• Hey, Albert nice to meet you. I have the same interest as you with psychology. 

Regarding your question, I do prefer texting than calling. 

I hope it goes smooth 

see you around

• Thank you so much Plectrum,you are the best! :)

I can totally relate to that,don't worry you are not alone.Life is very overwhelming indeed Open mouth

• Hello Albert, thanks for your intro. Please do join in the discussion threads, the more, the merrier!

I have done some armchair psychology reading myself. Due to my job I don't have a lot of free time otherwise I'd read more.  I sometimes step back from discussions if they get overhelming, just to warn you in advance, I don't mean any offence. I just find life makes my head too busy. 

• Thank you so much ShooFurfrou093!

That was a really nice and warm welcome.That really means a lot me! Relieved

• Hi, welcome to the forum =) I was diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Condition, but am on the Asperger's side. 

I've tried to do programming, but unfortunately I can't seem to get my head around the different languages. Hopefully, I'll understand it eventually =P

I like texting as I can think about what I'm saying before I hit send, but I also like hearing someone else's voice when I'm in the mood.

Feel free to join other threads and hope you enjoy it here =)

• Hey Albert,

Firstly welcome Slight smile Psychology is an interesting subject. I like it most when it collides with sociology, though my main passions are history and aviation. Like you I prefer to text/ message others - communication is so much easier for me in the written form as I feel less pressured and have time to think about what I want to say, whereas in person it’s so spontaneous and I struggle! 

I think you’ll like this forum, it’s a decent place. I’m always happy to chat and if you feel like it just send me a private message and we can talk there :) My account settings allow for anyone to message me (rather than the default setting which blocks it) so you shouldn’t have any trouble.

Anthony