Hey, im GE90 or Ben

Hello, i was diagnosed November of 2018. It hit me like a brick wall at first. All i can remember is me and my mum breaking down in the paediatricians office. Anyway enough of the sad times. i have an awesome girlfriend, a little stressful at times because her parents are super strict because of her culture (filipino) but we get by. Maybe not right now because of the lock down but hey ho.

My hobbies are aviation if you couldnt guess. (GE90 is the engine on my favourite plane) i currently have an awesome job at my local airport and i am hoping to get an "ask back" after my contract finishes.

Just wanted to say hello to everyone.

so

HELLO Stuck out tongue

Parents
  • Hey Ben!  Welcome! Finally another aviation geek like me :D - so I’m guessing if the GE90 is your favourite engine that would almost certainly make the 777 your favourite plane? Genuinely really pleased to have another fan of aviation in the forum. Are you mostly into civil aviation or military or both? 

• Heyyy anthony.

My favourite plane is most certainly the 777. Its an awesome piece of engineering. Ive had the privilage of flying on 4 last year. I take it you know ICAO codes? I flew EGSS-OMDB-RPLL-OMDB-EGSS. Insane power, comfort and the crew from Emirates were awesome too. I am also into flight simulation too. I fly most long haul routes in the 777 of course. But i do have a 737 and 747. Airbus' are okay if you are talking about the A350 and A380. Everything else is... mediocre lol. Im a boeing fanguy.

• Now you are testing me... EGSS is Stanstead... OMDB I think Is Dubai, RPLL I’m 90% sure is Manila but that’s the one I’m least sure on without checking up. The 777 is nice, only flown in one from Dallas Fort Worth to Gatwick with American, I’ve flown in a 767, 737, A319 and A320. Despite being an aviation geek I’ve not travelled loads. I do like the 777 - revolutionised twin engine long haul travel! I also love military aviation - the Vulcan is my favourite aircraft, Shame it’s no longer flying :( 

• I pick up a lot of information but a lot of it is logic. So knowing which 10 are at Chateroux narrows it to 2 aircraft left - a quick check on each planes flight histories and one hasn’t returned from Manila. I knew it was was going there for maintenance - so yeah. The premium version of Flight Radar 24 is helpful as a source to work things out too.  

• I pick up a lot of information but a lot of it is logic. So knowing which 10 are at Chateroux narrows it to 2 aircraft left - a quick check on each planes flight histories and one hasn’t returned from Manila. I knew it was was going there for maintenance - so yeah. The premium version of Flight Radar 24 is helpful as a source to work things out too.  

Children
No Data