Hello, just joined

Hi all Relaxed

I am a young adult that was officially diagnosed with ASC (Asperger's side) around three years ago. To help me deal with the lockdown better, I have made a routine and it seems to be working so far. I've even tried to learn how to knit to keep my brain occupied!

My therapist from the adult mental health team and I still have appointments on the phone and she gives me goals, or "homework", to complete before our next session. One of my goals this week is to join an online community centered around Autism/ASD and introduce myself. Hello Laughing

Meeting new people - in real life and online - is daunting to me. Starting and maintaining conversations is a struggle. I often don't know how to respond to other people's input. I'm lucky that most of the people in my social circle accept me as I am, and try to accommodate.

One of my favourite ways to spend my down-time is to play video games. I enjoy playing many different games across multiple platforms. I'm currently playing games such as Fallout 76, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, and Pokémon Crystal. I'll probably be playing completely different games in a couple of weeks Stuck out tongue closed eyes

Thank you for reading!

Parents
  • Hello and welcome to the forum

I'm an older female Aspie, who has some interests which are "strange" for a woman of my age (to the "normal" people anyway) I like science fiction, fantasy and computer games. My long time favourite game is The Sims 4, but I've just started playing Fallout 4.

I've always enjoyed reading and in the last couple of years the novels I have read include: The Martian by Andy Weir, 11-22-63 by Stephen king, The Humans by Matt Haig, Divergent by Veronica Roth, Who Sent Clement? By Keith Pearson, Identity Crisis by Ben Elton, and Eve of Man by Giovanna & Tom Fletcher.

I'm enjoying watching Lucifer and Community on Netflix at the moment and I'm also re-watching some old favourites such as The IT crowd, Come Fly With Me and Fawlty Towers. In the past I've enjoyed Star Trek, Dr Who and Farscape, but there are currently no sci-fi tv programmes that capture my imagination. I also used to like vampire stories and the True Blood series, but I think I've moved on from that now.

I was interested to hear you have an interest in punk music. I was a teenager in the 70s and enjoyed listening to The Sex Pistols, The Stranglers, The Clash, The Jam, Blondie and Iggy Pop. I don't tend to listen to that type of music now, preferring ambient and classical, but I still think a lot of their songs are great.

Anyway, hope you enjoy posting on here and reading about other people's experiences.

• Hi, thank you =)

I love the The Sims. I have all of the packs for The Sims 4, which my bank account isn't really happy about. Fallout 4 is a great game and I hope you enjoy playing it. 

Unfortunately, I've never any of those books =( I'm currently reading the Gone series by Michael Grant, which I'm told is quite Stephen King-esque. The IT Crowd was really enjoyable to watch: I might start watching it again, too =P I enjoyed watching Doctor Who when David Tenant and Matt Smith were the Doctor, but the one with Jodie Whittaker looks interesting. I don't particularly like watching long episodes. A few months ago, I watched Manifest on Now TV as I really wanted to watch it. You can watch the trailer on YouTube. I don't know if it's scientific or supernatural, but it certainly captured my interest and attention. 

I listen to Blondie every now and again, but I find it difficult to listen to songs I've never heard before. I always have to be in the right headspace, as the anticipation and the uncertainty of what to expect takes a lot out of me. I have found a lot of songs I really enjoy listening to this way. I do tend to lean towards hard rock/heavy metal, but enjoy a lot of the other sub-genres too. Sometimes, I have weird days where I listen to random songs like Barbie Girl by Aqua, or the Ebay Song by "Weird Al" Yankovic =D

Thanks, I will try to make the most of this platform =)

• Hi, thank you =)

I love the The Sims. I have all of the packs for The Sims 4, which my bank account isn't really happy about. Fallout 4 is a great game and I hope you enjoy playing it. 

Unfortunately, I've never any of those books =( I'm currently reading the Gone series by Michael Grant, which I'm told is quite Stephen King-esque. The IT Crowd was really enjoyable to watch: I might start watching it again, too =P I enjoyed watching Doctor Who when David Tenant and Matt Smith were the Doctor, but the one with Jodie Whittaker looks interesting. I don't particularly like watching long episodes. A few months ago, I watched Manifest on Now TV as I really wanted to watch it. You can watch the trailer on YouTube. I don't know if it's scientific or supernatural, but it certainly captured my interest and attention. 

I listen to Blondie every now and again, but I find it difficult to listen to songs I've never heard before. I always have to be in the right headspace, as the anticipation and the uncertainty of what to expect takes a lot out of me. I have found a lot of songs I really enjoy listening to this way. I do tend to lean towards hard rock/heavy metal, but enjoy a lot of the other sub-genres too. Sometimes, I have weird days where I listen to random songs like Barbie Girl by Aqua, or the Ebay Song by "Weird Al" Yankovic =D

Thanks, I will try to make the most of this platform =)

Children
No Data