New here...looking for advice

Hello everyone, my name is Sajeev, I am a father of a 15 year old Autistic boy, turning 16 next month.  Looking for advise on how to calm my son when he is having a meltdown.  He is making screeching noises and becomes violent towards his mother.  We are currently getting 2:1 care package for him.  The problems escalates when he is in pain.  At the moment he has ear infection and being medicated with paracetamol and ibuprofen and antibiotics.  We just don't know what to do to get him to calm down or stop being violent towards his mother.  He is not on any medication for  Autism, but we are chasing local services to get him assessed.  Being a teenager does not help either.  The noise is so loud its affecting the neighbours quality of life. Any advice is appreciated.  Thank you.

Parents
  • Some environmental factors can have a calming effect - such as lighting. I would normally say calming sounds too but with an ear infection I’d imagine any sound is uncomfortable but generally removing stimuli for his triggers if possible - not amazing suggestions but the best I can think of for this one. 

• Thank you...Unfortunately we don't have any electronics in the house because he keeps breaking them.  The only thing we have out is the google home mini, he plays Disney channel via spotify and won't allow us to change it.  I bought a essential oil diffuser, I am going to use that today to see if it helps.  I have to hide it under his bed and turn it on an hour before his bed time and move it so he cannot see it once he comes into his room.  Appreciate your advice.  Thank you.

• Thank you...Unfortunately we don't have any electronics in the house because he keeps breaking them.  The only thing we have out is the google home mini, he plays Disney channel via spotify and won't allow us to change it.  I bought a essential oil diffuser, I am going to use that today to see if it helps.  I have to hide it under his bed and turn it on an hour before his bed time and move it so he cannot see it once he comes into his room.  Appreciate your advice.  Thank you.

Children