Mother/carer

Hi guys, just wanted to introduce myself, I’m new here and I’m the mother of a 27-year-old son who has Downs Syndrome, severe nonverbal autism and ADHD.

My son was obviously born with Downs Syndrome, but was diagnosed with autism when he was nine years old, I’ve been his sole carer my entire life, I gave birth to him when I was 19 and I’ve dedicated my life to caring for him, I love him unconditionally and I’ve grown and learned so much from him.

I LOVE Autistic people... Or should that be people with autism? I never know the correct terminology, and because my son is nonverbal he can never correct me when I use the wrong words! 

I am essentially here to get support from people, and offer support where I can, I didn’t even know about this community and with the current coronavirus going on I feel more isolated than usual. 

Having read some of the other threads, I am so moved by some of your experiences, I often think I would love to know what’s going on inside my sons head, And hopefully by talking to People in this community I will learn More on what it’s really like to be autistic because my son can’t tell me I’ve literally had to learn it day by day. 

So hello everybody I’m Sooz let’s be friends Blush

Parents Reply Children
No Data