Hi I’m new to this forum.

Hi all, I’m very new here and just having a look through threads on the forum. The support on here seems amazing! I have five children ranging from 14 to 2. My 6 yr old Son is going through an ASD Assessment and My 14 year old Daughter is at the start of one. They are very different from each other. My son showing Autistic traits and my daughter showing Aspergers traits. I don’t know enough so I’m sorry if I say anything wrong. 

I sent this message to my family this morning...

So... obviously as we all know all our routines are completely shot at the mo. However, I thought to myself that the one thing I used to love was reading to the kiddies on a night but usually with teaching late that doesn’t allow me to anymore. Obviously at that point John is usually fighting with them all to get them all asleep before I finish lol! (not literally ha) So I decided to look through our bookcase and choose a series we hadn’t read... The Secret Seven! So for 2 hours I read to them. It took two hours because I was in and out chasing Jack, wrestling him to lay next to me (not literally), stop him from throwing just about everything in the room against the wall, telling me he hates this and me Disappointed etc... poor Melody was trying her best as she was enjoying the story. I decided to stop reading at only Chapter 4 (it took this long to get there) and Jack fought the book off me then was giggling away to himself as he realised Jack in the book had the same hair colour as him Joy He’s also just got up and said we’re on page 30 Mum! and talked to me about the Secret Society group lol so he obviously listened to me reading in all that and wants me to read more later too Shrug tone2‍ 

I love the fact that we as a family are spending 24/7 together and don’t get me wrong my little boy is definitely becoming extremely domesticated lol and he’s so loving but we have really got to see just how much he will need the extra help. We understand why the school have already got one to one in place and appreciate their support too. He is number obsessed but struggles with English. He has been under speech therapy since age 2 and struggles to read...Math’s no problem at all lol! 

Im sorry for the long winded post. I guess it’s because I’m new lol I will definitely enjoy reading other posts and hopefully statement to understand more about Autism and Aspergers. 

Thank you for taking your time to read my post. 

Vikki x

Parents
  • Hi ,

Thank you for sharing this with us, welcome to the forum! You may find it useful to contact our Parent to Parent service who offers emotional support to parents and carers of children or adults with autism. This service is confidential and run by trained parent volunteers who are all parents themselves of a child or adult with autism . 

You contact the team on 0808 800 4106. Please leave a message and the team will call you back as soon as possible at a time that suits you, including evenings and weekends. Alternatively you can use contact the team via web form: https://www.autism.org.uk/services/helplines/parent-to-parent/enquiry.aspx

I hope this helps,

ChloeMod.

• Hi ,

Thank you for sharing this with us, welcome to the forum! You may find it useful to contact our Parent to Parent service who offers emotional support to parents and carers of children or adults with autism. This service is confidential and run by trained parent volunteers who are all parents themselves of a child or adult with autism . 

You contact the team on 0808 800 4106. Please leave a message and the team will call you back as soon as possible at a time that suits you, including evenings and weekends. Alternatively you can use contact the team via web form: https://www.autism.org.uk/services/helplines/parent-to-parent/enquiry.aspx

I hope this helps,

ChloeMod.

Children
No Data