struggling with change

Hi,

I have a little boy 2years old not yet diagnosed but going threw assessments which are on hold at the minute due to the lockdown.

im in need of help he’s really struggling with the change at the minute due to the lockdown. He is non verbal and doesn’t really communicate with us. All he does all day is a high pitch scream! (Not cry) it’s really getting us down the fact I feel I can’t help him. We use to have good eye contact from him but that seems to be regressing. I’ve tried to make things as normal as possible but nothing seems to work. His sisters are not at school so he’s not use to all the noise in the house.  I do take him into another room or into the garden where he gets his own space but I just don’t no what else to do. I do feel for him as he can’t tell us what’s going on.
Not sure if anyone can offer some advice thank you 

• I am glad you understand some of the causes of stress for him. 

I am thinking back to my early years as some things I can reember well. My mother said she almost chucked me out the window as a baby because I was constantly crying and screaming etc. But two things that I remember... No, three things. One was having my Mum there. The other was having my toys be they toy cars, trains or something like that. The third was a relaxing home enviroment.  

I understand with the current circumstances, things are difficult, but one thing I loved at an early age, and even love now (At the age of 47)  is to go for a walk with my Mum somewhere and look at things, and my Mum pointing things out. 

I can imagine all the frustration of not being able to communicate and yet wanting to speak. Having an intelligent mind (Or above intelligent mind in some areas) and not having ways to communicate. Also for any child, the age of two is quite frustrating due to this, as though most are learning to talk, just wanting to say something but not having the vocabluary to say it is hard... (I used to get soo frustrated at that age and I can remember the feelings now as I type. I have many early memories).

But for an answer... I know it is a lockdown situation, but is there somewhere you can take him that will relax him and de-stress him? Somewhere you can sit? I realize you have other children so it may not be easy.  He does need a calm enviroment just with his Mum... Maybe some hill where one can just sit and watch the things going on below?

I am not an expert by any means. I hardly know anything! I only look back on my life and I can share some thoughts (And I don't even know if I am on the spectrum or not). 

Ooh. Another thought from my early years. Is he missing something? As in going to a certain place? OR, is there a toy or a book he really loves but he can't find it? 

Talking about places. One of my memories which was very early (Maybe the age of a year old? Not sure) was watching a Western diesel come into my local train station. I know it was a western diesel due to the shape. (I have a very good visual memory). Now the last westerns to pass down here were around the age of when I was one year old! I described the scene to my Mum recently, and told her about the pram, and she says that she only used it until I was six months old as she then put me in a pushchair. I can remember being in that pram as I was really screaming and crying as it was soo claustrophobic as I wanted to see out! Old victorian pram in a navy blue colour with large white wheels which partly overlapped each other. :)