Newly diagnosed, mixture of emotions..

Hi all, 

Im new here although i have previously had a look around the site. Im a 26 year old female who got diagnosed with ASD, ADHD, GAD, social anxiety and OCD nearly 2 weeks ago. 

Im feeling a little lost and would really appreciate your support, guidance, strategies etc. Or any tips you have learnt. Ive done my own research but still getting to terms with it all. 

Currently trying to understand the person 'behind the mask' as i call it. Years of masking has led me to not know who i truly am. With my new findings i can now attempt to discover my true self but knowing where to start is hard. 

Things i love:

-Animals, of every kind. Particularly those that can be handled and petted.

- Reading (although this can be a challenge)

- Watching documentaries 

- Learning about psychology, evolution and theories

- Listening to music

- Make up and hair

I would love to hear from you all, hear your stories, hear your passions and dislikes, your coping strategies, your research.

I look forward to hearing from you all. 

K x 

Parents
  • Hi ,

Welcome to the community and thank you for sharing this with us. I'm sure the community will be keen to share their experiences with you.

If you have any other questions, or wanted some advice, you may like to contact our Autism Helpline team. They can provide you with information and advice on your issue. You can call them on 0808 800 4104 (Monday to Thursday 10am to 4pm, Friday 9am to 3pm).Please note that the Helpline is experiencing a high volume of calls and it may take a couple of attempts before you get through to speak to an advisor.

All the best,

ChloeMod.

• Hi ,

Welcome to the community and thank you for sharing this with us. I'm sure the community will be keen to share their experiences with you.

If you have any other questions, or wanted some advice, you may like to contact our Autism Helpline team. They can provide you with information and advice on your issue. You can call them on 0808 800 4104 (Monday to Thursday 10am to 4pm, Friday 9am to 3pm).Please note that the Helpline is experiencing a high volume of calls and it may take a couple of attempts before you get through to speak to an advisor.

All the best,

ChloeMod.

Children