Hello and help?

Hello, I'm Sam, I'm 29 years old and a Male. I have not been diagnosed with ASD or any similar traits thereof. I have lived my life feeling different and constantly 'stupider' and 'weirder' than my peers for lack of a better term. I had a bit of a melt down prior to work a month or so ago and I called in sick, and following this spoke to some friends and family about everything and it was pointed out that I have traits to Autism, something my parents always thought but for some reason never chose to follow it up with a doctor. I have spent the past month researching every paragraph and watching every video and I feel I fit in to 'high functioning' ASD with chameleon, or camofluaging, traits as I have spent the majority of my life covering up my eccentricities once they had been recognised, to appear more normal. The issue is I am deathly afraid of being wrong, always. I cannot find any literature on males camofluaging Autistic traits, it seems very much agreed this is a female thing. I am scared of approaching the GP in case they say 'no you're wrong, this isnt this, there isnt anything wrong' because I dont feel settled with that answer

Can anyone help? Does anyone have any answers or experiences the same as mine as an adult male?

Many thanks 

Parents
  • yea i was convinced it would be "go away you're normal" so when they told me know are clearly on the spectrum I couldnt speak with shock for about 3 days !

I have personas i switch between bepending on who I am talking to.

Some of my personas are very aggressive/defensive., one is pure strategy, one is highly creative, one i call "the coach" and is really postive and is incredibly useful during hikes running mountain walks.

My mum is a Chameleon and takes on the accent of the person she is speaking to immediately. It means she can get great deals in shops etc a great skill. 

anyways do u thik you  u will go to yout GP(doctor) for a referal ?

• yea i was convinced it would be "go away you're normal" so when they told me know are clearly on the spectrum I couldnt speak with shock for about 3 days !

I have personas i switch between bepending on who I am talking to.

Some of my personas are very aggressive/defensive., one is pure strategy, one is highly creative, one i call "the coach" and is really postive and is incredibly useful during hikes running mountain walks.

My mum is a Chameleon and takes on the accent of the person she is speaking to immediately. It means she can get great deals in shops etc a great skill. 

anyways do u thik you  u will go to yout GP(doctor) for a referal ?

Children
No Data