Hello

Hi

I have had my first assessment for aspergers, i have to wait another 10 weeks for my next one.

I am trying to keep calm but its a difficult time having to wait so long

Parents
  • Hello, I'm also new.  Is there anything in particular you are worried about.  Are you hoping for a diagnosis?

I have to be offline for a while now but I will log on later. 

• I worry what happens if i do not get a diagnosis 

• Yes I remember being very worried about that.  And after  I got it, I worried that I had faked it or exaggerated it to get the diagnosis!  you can't win - this is very common . I remember thinking that I would feel lost if i just ended up with something "meh" that was neither one thing or the other.

I took a list of my traits and input from my family with me, to remind me of all the memories, because some of them were a dang long time ago.  I also had the same assessor for both sessions, so on the 2nd , I had to remember "don't mask!"  "be yourself" .  This leads to a common feeling that the behaviour was exaggerated. But in reality i just took off the mask to let my real self show. I had some months of  confusion after but I am starting to get used to my new self now, lol. 

• it's actually the reason i found the forum! I was searching online and found some threads where people were discussing similar feelings.  There are some useful ones if you  have the time to swim around a bit :-) 

• Thanks thats helpful

Reply Children