Hello all

I'm a newbie to this group (and to Autism) , so please bare with me if I don't answer as quick as possible.

My son is 12, he was diagnosed last April, after 2yrs waiting, but before those 2yrs I was oblivious to anything different about him, he was just perfect the way he was.

It wasn't till we moved house and he moved from a very small village chocolate box school, to a larger school, he went into yr5, and within a week of him being there I was called in for a meeting with SENCO, they had picked up on many isses. I was mortified I cried and cried thinking why hadn't I spotted anything, but that was just they way he was, practically perfect in every way Heart eyes

Long story short he was put on SEN register, and he remained in that school for his yr5, we then had to move house Heart eyes. He then started another primary school where I pulled him back to give him abit more of a head start,thus was the best thing to do for him. He had issues at school with bulling etc and his Primary school were quite good at sorting it. 

He has now gone up to secondary school Yr7. He really likes school, but we have had SO MUCH, bullying and name calling etc. Each incident has been dealt with but it goes quite for a while then we have another. I am lucky that he comes and tells me, but once I call the school and they deal with it they then call him a snitch etc etc.

I am just fed up with it I have had meetings with his Head of year and his SENCO(which to be fair is not great, she only started the job in September, and had never done the job before!!!) I don't feel he is getting help he needs and then in top of the bullying it is driving me mad.

Yesterday I called Ace Education and the lady gave me some good advice, I am waiting for a time for a meeting with him. Regarding mainly the bullying but also his needs.

Anyway I feel I have waffled on enough, any advice from you guys will be greatly appreciated. 

Parents
  • Hello and welcome!

I'm also a newbie. My partner has Aspergers. I'm sorry to hear about the bullying problems and hope that you can get some more good advice, make some progress and feel a bit calmer about the situation.

• Hello and welcome!

I'm also a newbie. My partner has Aspergers. I'm sorry to hear about the bullying problems and hope that you can get some more good advice, make some progress and feel a bit calmer about the situation.

Children
No Data