Son is waiting for assesment

Hiya guys im new to this but here goes 

So my son is 6 years old and ive always spotted things since he was young. It wasnt till he reached reception that people started to listen to me and he got his referalFrowning2️ however now were going through the long process of being assesed and i just feel so helpless seeing him struggle and get so frustrated is so hard. Does anyone have any advice ?? Also he literally couldnt read 2 months ago and then boom all of a sudden wowed me with how much he can read now ? Has anyone else had this happen Heart

• Hi NAS65213,

Sorry to hear your son is having difficulty in the waiting period for assessment, but glad to hear his reading is coming along so well! You might want to look at our diagnosis for children page here on the NAS site - https://www.autism.org.uk/about/diagnosis/children.aspx - Although it sounds like you're already in the process of getting assessed, if you scroll down to 'Your child's rights before diagnosis' you can see that you may be entitled to support such as community care, extra help at school, or benefits if you need them. At the bottom of the page there are also links to the NAS helpline and family support services. Hope this might be of some help to you.

Best wishes,
    Ross - mod