17 year old not doing anything

Hi everyone, I'm new to this group. My daughter is 17. She was diagnosed in April. She came out of school in yr 10. She started a 14-16 maths and English course at college. This had its ups and downs but she did go, when it came to the exams she couldn't manage them. This September she started a Career Skills course. She said she liked the teachers, had a couple of friends but has now come off the course  she said she doesn't see the point in it.

I have suggested counselling. She did go on a 6 week one which seemed to help ( a while ago) Volunteer work. They wanted her to speak on the phone which she wouldn't do. She had met English and Maths tutors who shd doesn't feel comfortable with . Obviously getting a job..... not sure if she could manage an interview. The main issue is her talking. I have tried to be so positive. I'm even thinking of volunteering myself and then she could come with me. I'm running out of ideas!

Parents
  • it is not the end of the world as 17 is still very young and there are others much older in a similar situation. Hopefully she will soon realise that she needs to do something to enjoy life and will find the motivation to work towards something that she will enjoy

• it is not the end of the world as 17 is still very young and there are others much older in a similar situation. Hopefully she will soon realise that she needs to do something to enjoy life and will find the motivation to work towards something that she will enjoy

Children
No Data