Random Chat anyone?

I feel like a chat. 

Parents
  • Well, I'm very disappointed that nobody has joined in.

I'm just lying in bed trying to sleep and thinking about today's television. 

I was watching the C5 documentary about the Claudia Lawrance disappearance, just over ten years ago.

Before that I was binge watching my Frasier DVDs.  I have all eleven seasons.

• Hi, anyone... as I read the word "Frasier", and I am here, I kind-of post a bit.

Well, I'm very disappointed that nobody has joined in.

...I noticed this as well. My own reasons were that I am not always here, and I am not that good at "chat"... yet if something interests Me, then I may be, as they say, "all over it" (as evidenced by the "Car/Vehicle" Thread...

As tribute to HMV, I had a limited choice to buy something: Either the First series of Pokemon... or a Frasier BOX SET. I bought the Frasier Box set, since it meant that I did not have to record Myself all of the Episodes which I liked.

I very very much liked "Frasier" (obviously), yet My favourite Characters would be Niles, Daphne, Martin... and then Roz/Frasier/Noel/Bulldog... I have always regarded Frasier as a sort of education towards 'social misunderstandings' which I Myself try to avoid in real life... I could not cope with such things.

But Frasier includes a lot of stuff not included in most TV SitComs, such as Classical Music and preferences towards, um, "Higher Tier Society"... Frasier is like a different world from the usual Sitcoms, the others usually involving focussing story-wise upon "Man gets Woman Fails Temporarily Tries Again Man Gets Woman Maybe Later Woman leaves Man Gets Other Woman... Man gets Woman definitely because the TV Series is about to End"... sort of formula.

In closing, I say that I am not good at chat, again. But I liked Frasier more than "Cheers". True enough that in the end, Frasier is still divorced and alone, yet I always imagine that He and Roz (+ child) sort of stick together after that. I have always liked Martin, because He is "old fashioned" and uncomfortable with modern ways as I am!

This Post is long, so I close it now. I post as if this wre a "Frasier" Thread rather than a "chat Thread", I apologise. I used to begin a few "random topics" Threads Myself, yet they depend a lot upon the current mood of eveyone else, so I do not anymore (for now). (Also, To Mr.Robert123, I saw in one of Your older photos a picture of the Frasier-Box-Set, and also I respect You, so I reply here!)

• I enjoy Frasier for several reasons:

• The fact that he's a psychiatrist and I'm not very mentally stable.
    • The snobbery,  him and his brother Niles,  my family has more than it's fair share of snobs.
    • It really is funny,  with no real malice in it.

I also enjoy old dvd boxsets,  from the 1970s, Dad's Army, Are you being served,  On the buses, Blakes seven, Buffy, Angel, carry on films, Mind your language,  last of the summer wine, what ever happened to the likely lads.

Newer ones such as Dark matter,  Lexx, Dexter, The inbetweeners,

The problem with series or films on TV is often the censorship.  Even bits of Frasier have been censored.  The only time one realises it when you see the full version on dvd.

• I enjoy Frasier for several reasons:

• The fact that he's a psychiatrist and I'm not very mentally stable.
    • The snobbery,  him and his brother Niles,  my family has more than it's fair share of snobs.
    • It really is funny,  with no real malice in it.

I also enjoy old dvd boxsets,  from the 1970s, Dad's Army, Are you being served,  On the buses, Blakes seven, Buffy, Angel, carry on films, Mind your language,  last of the summer wine, what ever happened to the likely lads.

Newer ones such as Dark matter,  Lexx, Dexter, The inbetweeners,

The problem with series or films on TV is often the censorship.  Even bits of Frasier have been censored.  The only time one realises it when you see the full version on dvd.

Children
  • (Pepe La Pew. Speedy Gonzales. Porky Pig. Most of all, in Tom And Jerry... "Mammy Two Shoes".) I am Just noting those there for Myself.

• I hate that people can claim anything and make it negative then no one can use it ever again. 

...This is so-called "progress", until the person(s) originally involved disclaim it. As I said, this could go on, and I could give many examples as well, Thank You certainly, to Mr Robert, there!

...However... is it not getting a bit late now? (Nearly 1 AM.) I shall try to see this Thread again soon, but My own life (Internet access) is kind of unpredictable. (Hence My reluctance to "chat" even though I just did so...!)

• I hate that people can claim anything and make it negative then no one can use it ever again. 

• Examples of censorship:

1. Frasier episode,  radio wars, parts of a spoof sex scenes between Frasier & Roz,  removed, including him saying, 'love enters through the nose.'
    2. Carry on Henry film, Sidney James as Henry has a roll in the hay with a farm lass and offers her half a crown, she says, 'oh, I haven't any change.'
    3. Friends, the one where Chandler can't cry,  at least four sections were cut.  Including a joke which indirectly implied masturbation. 
    4. Rookie Blue,  one whole controversial episode was missed out from the morning tv schedule because it dealt with prostitution,  homosexuality and non pc language. Such as a father calling his own son a queer. 
    5. Holiday on the buses film.  About a three seconds of a naked nipped were cut.
  • You are totally correct, there. But the thing is, in History, and as modern culture develops, people adopt an old thing (word, gesture, term, etc.) to mean something completely different... and those who do so have, of course, no concept of the previous meaning. Then they grow up and adapt it into common culture, and so censor things without knowledge of Context and/or History, and so the end result is erroneous interpretation... and the whole cycle is ENDLESS.

To discuss this would be a whole new Thread in itself, probably censored by NAS n'all... (!!)

• I don't like the censorship either it takes away from what it was intended to be like someone tearing away pieces of a painting because they think it's inappropriate they might as well start burning books and go the whole distance. 

• The problem with series or films on TV is often the censorship.  Even bits of Frasier have been censored.  The only time one realises it when you see the full version on dvd.

Too true, Mr. Robert123. As I said here before... even cartoons like "Bugs Bunny" and "Tom And Jerry" are censored. But nowadays "writers" write writing from their own perspective, lacking perspective of others before them. I dare say no more, else this would turn into "An Old Fogey's Thread", or something...!