Michelle [Surname removed by mod]

Hi,my name is Michelle [Removed by mod] and I am 39 years old from [Removed by mod] in Hampshire, I live with my dad and I have a diagnosis of Aspergers Syndrome with anxiety/depression.

I do not not work as my Aspergers can cause significant problems in this area, I really just want friends and a social life, neither of which I have at the moment, this makes me very depressed and lonely, has anyone got any tips/advice for making it a bit easier to make friends and have a social life, I find it quite exhausing mixing with people when I do go out and I get stressed quite easily and upset if i feel something has gone wrong in my mind.

Bye For Now

[Edited by moderator]

Parents
  • Hi Michelle

Great to meet you :-)

You’ve come to the right place to make connections. I joined not so long ago and am in here a lot now - I feel right at home.

If you are looking for more than cyber space friends, how about finding the ASD support groups in your area? There would be less pressure if you knew you were attending a group where all the other people had something in common with you from the off. If nothing else it might give you a sense of hope and make the step towards making other friends outside the group less daunting.

Spend some time online in the forum - you’ll probably know when you feel ready to take the next step in the real world. No pressure - you don’t have to go from A to Z in one step.

Best wishes x

• Hi Michelle

Great to meet you :-)

You’ve come to the right place to make connections. I joined not so long ago and am in here a lot now - I feel right at home.

If you are looking for more than cyber space friends, how about finding the ASD support groups in your area? There would be less pressure if you knew you were attending a group where all the other people had something in common with you from the off. If nothing else it might give you a sense of hope and make the step towards making other friends outside the group less daunting.

Spend some time online in the forum - you’ll probably know when you feel ready to take the next step in the real world. No pressure - you don’t have to go from A to Z in one step.

Best wishes x

Children
No Data