Newly diagnosed member

Hello!  Just introducing myself, I'm Jade, I was diagnosed with aspergers yesterday at 27 years old and it's just sinking in now 

Parents
  • Welcome and congratulations Jade! How much are you surprised by your diagnosis? Many people on this forum tend to say that they have long known that they were in some way different from others. My advice is to try and let the distinct positives of diagnosis rise to the top first. So you might want to now treat yourself to something you have always enjoyed doing. Hopefully your diagnostician will also have spent some time emphasizing the positive.

My other advice is to give us just a bit more detail, as we are rather a wordy lot around here; and we enjoy seeing how our own experience compares with others. You can do that with some confidentiality, I'm sure. But you will find it usually pays off handsomely, as many posters here have a real ability to lift the mood; for themselves and others.

Despite my strong tendency to catastrophise, I continue to find many aspects of my rather convoluted life quite amusing; even when they initially seemed a bit grim. I reckon you should be able to do much the same, in your own unique way.

• My parents always knew there something wasnt right with me but couldn't put their finger on what,  it's kinda of a surprise but it's still shocking news in a way 

Reply Children
No Data