Not sure how safe it is on here

Why is there constant fraudsters on hear, the new attempt to take advantage of vulnerable people is from an American living in France? Yep... He wants to share his wealth with the lucky person who emails him..... WTF. 

Parents Reply Children
  • I've only been a forum member for a few days and it's quite likely I've joined at a time when they are being particularly active. Plus for me personally they stick out like a sore thumb and I'm particularly aware of them. 

But I believe it can be quite disconcerting for some people, K the op doesn't seem to have posted again after starting this thread about here concerns, of course that could just be coincidence.

It is what it is I suppose. 

• Ah, sorry, I thought we were talking about people befriending forum members and subsequently conning them.

The sort of post you linked to is so bleeding obvious, it is best just to report it as abusive via the ‘more’ link next to the ‘reply’ link.

The forum seems to go through periods of this spamming activity. I suspect it is a never ending battle for the administrators.

I’ve recently started tweeting. For a social media novice it makes this forum look like tea at the Ritz.

If you are unsure about a post, either ask another member or post your concerns. I don’t like NAS 123456 posters, as I can’t be arsed to remember who they are. Consequently, I am always a bit wary of them.

• And they don't have usernames they just stick with the site allocated numbers. 

I take it back - one just turned up with a user name...

They're evolving Rofl

• They also tend to be first time posters with no history or much relevance to the thread they're posting in. And they don't have usernames they just stick with the site allocated numbers. 

• I have reported it - are you a mod? I can't find and info on who the staff or mods are, I'm just curious. 

• The normal mode of operation is replying to an ancient thread with an abstract reply that includes a link to a website offering a too-good-to-be-true wonder-thing.   Or £2.5M if you just give your e-mail address!  Smiley