Not sure how safe it is on here

Why is there constant fraudsters on hear, the new attempt to take advantage of vulnerable people is from an American living in France? Yep... He wants to share his wealth with the lucky person who emails him..... WTF. 

Parents
  • I wholeheartedly agree with you. I'm a member of another forum (a special interest one) where we have a zero tolerance ethic towards spammers and scammers so I report them for deletion but the number of scams and spams I've seen and reported on this forum is frightening in number and regularity. 

Personally, I quite like swatting them but it is a little disconcerting and I do worry that there might be people who are vulnerable who get pulled in - not by morons with 2.5 million cos who's gonna fall for that - but what happens when someone less obvious comes along offering help. 

And it does make you wonder what con artists are lurking reading what we write. Food for though. 

• Most forums are mined by Google to try to build pictures of the posters for selling their data.      The internet is like the Wild West right now - use it with caution.

Special interest forums are easier to police - the fakers from Nigeria can't talk the talk so they are easier to spot.     This sort of general chat forum is a good place for fakers - they just need to type some generic stuff to hook people in.

• I think that's very true.

Also if you are someone who sells paint/DVDs/magic spells then you just google loads of keywords related to paint/DVDs/magic spells and see what forum posts come to the surface, or make a list of anything that makes someone vulnerable and find forums for those vulnerabilities - It is definitely a good time to be a psychopath. Rolling eyes

• I think that's very true.

Also if you are someone who sells paint/DVDs/magic spells then you just google loads of keywords related to paint/DVDs/magic spells and see what forum posts come to the surface, or make a list of anything that makes someone vulnerable and find forums for those vulnerabilities - It is definitely a good time to be a psychopath. Rolling eyes

Children
No Data