I Need some reassurance

Hi everybody, I'm 32 and new to all this so firstly I hope I am in the right place 

So here's my problem, I had an assessment for autism about two weeks ago and I will have to see them again in November. 

It's been stressing me out because I left with more questions than answers. 

There were a few things that didn't get to mention which has been bugging me. 

The therapist said he can't give me any feedback because I might be different the next time I come. What is that supposed to mean?

Do they think I'm making it all up because of all the extensive reading I have done?.

My heads been all over the place since it took a while for me to get back into my routine which when out of place I felt so angry and I couldn't sleep or relax.

• Your feedback is much appreciated 
  • Thank you both I will write them a letter and hopefully feel as satisfied as Sheldon Cooper did. 

Can I ask? Did you have multiple meetings, they've said they should be able to give me feedback on my next appointment, which is strange because they originally told me it would take upto four months.

• I think they are just cagey about gving any feedback because the actual diagnosis usually depends upon more than one appointment and professional and involves a multi-disciplinary meeting at which they discuss your case.  I don't think they'll have made any assumptions about you and it would be very unprofessional if they did.  Just that they're going by the book.  If it's anything like my assessment, they'll accept any additional info at any of the other appointments or in between plus answer any questions at the end of the process.  I wish they'd communicate better during the process, though, so's you have an idea of what to expect.

• You definitely are in the right place. Welcome. Relaxed

The exact same thing happened to me. There were a few things I forgot to mention too, which really bugged me, so I wrote a letter to the assessor saying I enjoyed speaking with her and I'm not sure if it's important to the diagnosis but I forgot to mention X, Y and Z when we spoke, and I've been replaying the whole conversation over and over relentlessly in my brain trying to figure out when I should have raised it.

When I had my follow up appointment a few weeks later, she thanked me for the letter and basically said my feelings and actions just further confirmed the diagnosis that I met the criteria for Asperger's.

I won't tell you not to worry because I know you will anyway if you're anything like me; as it's really bothering you and throwing off your routine etc., then I would send a letter to the assessor to convey all of that. Even if they don't do anything with it, you will feel better for knowing you have provided complete information, rather than going all Sheldon Cooper in The Closure Alternative (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WzWOVrhNCeQ).

Hope that helps?