A wild newbie appears!

Hello fellow Aspies Slight smile

I'm a 24 year old Autistic woman and it's only recently that I've really started to take my Autism into consideration. That's why I've joined this forum, in hopes of helping me understand it a lot more and also being able to relate to other people (something I struggle with!)

I also struggle when it comes to online communication. It feels like a chore to constantly keep up with it. I know a lot of other Autistic people find it's the best way for them to communicate, and I'm sort of hoping that's how it will be for me. Or at least, I hope to become better at it. :) 

So yeah, just wanted to introduce myself. Hope to be able to speak to lots of cool people and improve my online presence.

Peace out ^^

Parents
  • Hello and welcome to the forum! I was diagnosed with Level 2 ASD just a couple of months ago.

I, myself, seem to communicate better with the WRITTEN word, rather than the SPOKEN word. Put me in a social situation and I virtually clam up.

Feel free to ask any questions you like, and feel free to read my profile. Everyone on here is very welcoming and friendly, we will try our best to make you welcome and give you the best advice.

• Thanks for the welcome! :)

I didn't know that ASD had diagnosis levels. I'd like to know more about that. 

With written words, I often find I get paranoid that it's going to be interpreted wrong. I like to make jokes and often use sarcasm and sometimes I've had it backfire quite badly... So I can sometimes spend ages re-writing the simplest response. Joy

But anyway, I'm looking forward to getting to know people on here. ^^ 

• Haha, I'm terrible at sarcasm! When I'm being serious, it often comes across as sarcastic. When I'm being sarcastic, it usually sounds like I'm being serious. I've had to backtrack and explain myself many times!

Reply Children