Mum of 31 year old daughter with Asperger's

Hi,we have been struggling lately so thought I'd join the forum for support by finding out how other's cope.

Parents
  • Hi, Im a mum of a 26 yr old son who has just been diagnoised and Im struggling to find any information or advise for a parent with an adult son or daughter.

I want to understand better and i want to help my son as much as possible.  I feel totally helpless 

• Hi, Im a mum of a 26 yr old son who has just been diagnoised and Im struggling to find any information or advise for a parent with an adult son or daughter.

I want to understand better and i want to help my son as much as possible.  I feel totally helpless 

Children
  • My Mum has been upset since I was diagnosed, asking whether she could have noticed sooner etc. It must be worrying for you. Reading lots of posts on here, and blogs, will hopefully help you to accept it. 

In terms of helping your son, accepting him for who he is would be huge (you may already of course). Showing interest in special interests, encouraging him to meet other autistics.