Just been diagnosed Autistic

Hello, been to Hill House in birmingham and I have been told am autistic, then I was told sorry we can't help you but they did tell me about this website. So this is me saying hello !

Parents
  • Hi, my 26 year old son has been recently diagnoised . Ive just found this forum and I'm hoping that people can point me in the right direction or give me advise on how I can help my son and have a better insight into his "condition" 

My son hasn't had his full report through yet, just confirmation that he has ASD although the accessor did mention Asphergers and although they dont use that term anymore.  (Sorry about my spelling)

• Hi, my 26 year old son has been recently diagnoised . Ive just found this forum and I'm hoping that people can point me in the right direction or give me advise on how I can help my son and have a better insight into his "condition" 

My son hasn't had his full report through yet, just confirmation that he has ASD although the accessor did mention Asphergers and although they dont use that term anymore.  (Sorry about my spelling)

Children
  • Hey, the best advise i can give you at the moment is really just be there for him. I to have been diagnoised and waiting for a letter but what helpped me the most is Purple ella youtube channle. Sit togeather with your son and watch some of her vids, me and my wife did this and its worked wonders for us as we both understand what ASD is and how it effects people. Your son will be able to tell you how it effects him better and give you more understanding thus helping you both.