New and both relieved and very scared

Hello!

I'm still waiting on the official diagnosis of Asperger's Syndrome, but I started working with a psychiatrist for another issue and she brought up the fact that I should be tested for ASD given my mannerisms and what I had told her.  She said she was 95% sure that I'm on the spectrum, most likely with Asperger's.  I've found that it explains a lot about many issues I've had in school and social circles, and it's come as a little bit of a relief that I can name what it is rather than being scared and struggling to understand why I couldn't relate to my peers or that my anxiety and difficulties with environment and change aren't just me being weak.  

I'm now at the stage in my life though where I'm trying to function in a a work environment and it's absolutely terrifying!  I somehow managed to be let go after only three days at a job (teaching English as a foreign language) due to a meltdown over my boss changing my schedule at the last minute and giving me a class of 5 year old kids to teach despite my explaining that I am absolutely no good with children, (I was originally supposed to be handling reception tasks and office organisation, then they added adult classes on top of it, then younger and younger classes).  Has anyone else found difficulties in professional environments?  How did you deal with them?  

Parents
  • well i didn't at first - eg  I resigned from one job after an argument. Actually when the same thing started to happen in my current job I decided there was something wrong and did some research and boom! I was diagnosed with AS.  How to deal with change well I read up on acceptance and Letting go which is part of mindfulness. That helped a bit. I started looking at my thoughts via meditation and more mindfulness. At same time reading techniques to reduce anxiety eg journalling, recording ur thoughts, working out triggers etc. Also my manager is more knowledgeable and kinder so he smooths out some dumps for me.

• well i didn't at first - eg  I resigned from one job after an argument. Actually when the same thing started to happen in my current job I decided there was something wrong and did some research and boom! I was diagnosed with AS.  How to deal with change well I read up on acceptance and Letting go which is part of mindfulness. That helped a bit. I started looking at my thoughts via meditation and more mindfulness. At same time reading techniques to reduce anxiety eg journalling, recording ur thoughts, working out triggers etc. Also my manager is more knowledgeable and kinder so he smooths out some dumps for me.

Children
No Data