I may be autistic

I've been for an adhd assessment, and now have been told that I fit the criteria for someone on the spectrum, so I have to wait for an autism assessment, I always known I was different, but I'm just bottling up how I feel at the min hardly been emotional about it all, as if I'm hiding the way I feel I got emotional a little but but then stopped Myslef is this normal? 

• Thanks all for your kind words, been able to have a diagnosis soon at the age of 37 is going to be hard but a great learning experience for me to finally understand all of this ThumbsupThumbsup

• For people who are being assessed now the medical profession are moving away with subcategories, such as Aspergers and tend to stick to the universal label of autism when diagnosing individuals. Current statistics state about 75% of autistics also have ADHD too. I believe I am one of these and am awaiting an ADHD assessment. It's completely normal to feel emotional during the assessment process, especially when you've prepared yourself for one thing and all of a sudden you've found you might have to get your head around something else. Change can be especially hard for autistics.

• well you might have abit of asperger then. Did you have a delayed development?

there are different between autism and asperger. autism does have a delay development and delay speech. sometime they can be developing until the age of 6 and then they continue to have a child intelligent forever. where aspeger don't have delay development. they just look like other people except looks very awkard and they develop like everybody else.

• I've always struggle with social situations, used to mask how I felt with drugs to feel normal, I have so Mny dffeemt traits like emotions not been comfortable with intamacy , obsessive thinking, only liking select subjects to do it spare time amongst Many others, i just feel a little bit lost at the minute

Get Outlook for Android

• well autism is a developmental disability characteristic by repetitive behaviour and ritualised behaviour, social integration problem, development problem, emotional problem and sensory issue and sometimes sevre with psychiatric disorder such as ocd or adhd.

well why don't you tell me more about your diffculty and see can i tell you might have autism or not?