Hello All

I've finally taken the plunge and decided to create an account on here after lurking for a few months.

I'm a 26 yo female living in Birmingham for 6 years after making the move from London to be with my fiance! 

I've been questioning having aspergers for about 9 years now. My first 'serious' boyfriend was autistic and his mum (who I never met) was an assesor. He'd spoken to her about me and she thought I had traits from what she'd heard. I immediately took online tests which said I had traits and brought it up to my mum who quickly dismissed it (she's a Caribbean woman who is ignorant when it comes to mental illnesses and also is too proud to belive her daughter could be different). And so I didn't pursue it further. 

Fast forward to 2013 and I met my current partner who has aspergers. He was surprised I wasn't phased when he told me this and my only response was "I think I'm autistic too". After years of my anxiety, personal issues and work getting in the way, January of this year I finally went to the doctors to ask for an assesment. I went with a little list of traits I had and within 5 minutes I'd been reffered for an assesment.

A few months of issues with my doctors surgery not receiving my pre assesment questionnaire and not responding to emails from the team they reffered me to; I confirmed in May that the ASD team have received my refferal and the next stage is to wait for an appointment letter.

I'm about 6 weeks into the standard 15 week waiting time and I'm constantly waiting for that letter to arrive in the post. I'm nervous and excited and I spend a lot of free time trying to do as much research as possibly as well as just talking to my partner with the goal to make use of the therapy offered if I am diagnosed.

I am prepared as can be right now and just waiting!

I don't really know the point of this but I would like to share my journey over the coming months!