Newly diagnosed 10yo boy.

Hello everyone! 

After an assessment period of around two years my 20yo boy has been diagnosed with ASD. Other than a number to call to be added to the waiting list for a ‘post diagnosis session’ and a ‘post diagnosis parent programme’ we’ve been discharged from the service as they are an assessment only provision. I’ve been given copies of all his assessments and reports to give to school, but that’s all

is this a usual experience? I’m in Norfolk and I know that the provision is bad here. I’m I bit stuck in a what-to-do-next rut really! 

Any advice/help/signposting much appreciated. 

Parents
  • Hi ,

You may find it useful to contact our Autism Helpline team. They can provide you with information and advice regarding potential next steps for your son. You can call them on 0808 800 4104 (Monday to Thursday 10am to 4pm, Friday 9am to 3pm).Please note that the Helpline is experiencing a high volume of calls and it may take a couple of attempts before you get through to speak to an advisor.

i hope this helps,

Chloe Mod:)

• Hi ,

You may find it useful to contact our Autism Helpline team. They can provide you with information and advice regarding potential next steps for your son. You can call them on 0808 800 4104 (Monday to Thursday 10am to 4pm, Friday 9am to 3pm).Please note that the Helpline is experiencing a high volume of calls and it may take a couple of attempts before you get through to speak to an advisor.

i hope this helps,

Chloe Mod:)

Children