Hi! Daughter just diagnosed

Hi everyone.

My daughter got her official diagnosis today.

She's just about to turn 13, and we've spent a good 10 years going to all sorts of people until finally we were listened to about a year and a half ago.  It's a huge relief that we can finally move forward, and she seems quite content with the diagnosis.

The next big hurdle is to get her back in to school (we took her out of school half way through years 7 because the school was...awful, totally didn't know how to handle her). Can anyone give us any advice on that please?

Katie x

Parents
  • hello and welcome!

Do you have a choice of local schools nearby? are there any that seem "better" at dealing with SEN issues? Perhaps have a look on their websites and get a vibe from there....if the uniform is a blazer that may be a no... (disclosure...I'm a teacher at a non blazer wearing proudly inclusive school!)

• hello and welcome!

Do you have a choice of local schools nearby? are there any that seem "better" at dealing with SEN issues? Perhaps have a look on their websites and get a vibe from there....if the uniform is a blazer that may be a no... (disclosure...I'm a teacher at a non blazer wearing proudly inclusive school!)

Children
No Data