Hey I'm new any more autistic actors

Hey I'm an autistic actor are there anymore actor on this forum 

• Yes I'm an actor but not the sort you mean

Yes, many autistic people are 'actors' and often their skills in this direction are worthy of an Oscar. 

As the Bard said, 'All the world's a stage, and the people merely players'.  And the world of an autistic person means that they often have to pretend to be something they are not in order to get by.  Just a pity there is no remuneration for this!

• Hi and welcome!

Yes I'm an actor but not the sort you mean lol. Been acting all my life. Must be fab to be able to pretend to be somebody else and actually get paid and applauded for it.

• I'm just learning the tech side as well live theatre so much bit saved my life 

• I am a parent of an Aspie 18 who has found acting really positive.  Realistically is considering going techie and doing bit parts.  I see Ed S does something similar.  Won't join a forum here I suspect.

• I'm involved in local theatre. I am mainly a techie, but I love to get on stage. I'm currently rehearsing for the Scottish Tragedy (Maccers). I have a small role but I love being able to create a character. 

• My nickname is Corin after the first charcter I ever played Corin from Shakespeare As You Like It. I act on stage. I like it because I get to be someone else for a few hours and that really helps my Mental health I do try and meet people who have done to see the show I do struggle at times with that and don't do it :)

• Hello.  Did you take your name from a member of the famous Redgrave acting dynasty?  Do you act primarily on the stage or are we likely to have seen on screen?  As someone has said, there are many actors and artists of other sorts who are on the spectrum.  Dan Ackroyd is and so is Paddy Considine, who is also a director.  I always wanted to try it too, but I never had the nerve to join an amateur dramatic society or go to an audition.  Meeting people! In some ways, i feel like an actor every day of my life when I'm out among people.  Everyone puts on an act, but we Aspie people have to do it more than most!  Do you enjoy being in the spotlight because of the sense of power and control it gives you?  And when you come offstage or off camera, do you then feel the need to go and hide?  I read something in an interview with an autistic actor once in she said that once the performance was finished she couldn't get to her dressing room quickly enough and always used to wait until long after the performance before leaving the theatre so that she didn't have to face the crowds on terms that she no longer had control over.  I can't remember who it was.

• Weirdly it’s something I’ve always wanted to try. But.....

• There are lots of autistic actors - Anthony Hopkins, Darryl Hannah for example - who knows how many are lurking here while drinking their fine Chianti?