Greetings

Hello, my name is Sharon. I joined this website/community to gain a better understanding of autism.

I'm a TU rep within my organisation as well as a Health and Safety rep and I'm currently supporting a colleague who is due to undergo a Workplace Assessment. This is the second time I've supported a neuro-diverse member of staff, although with the first I was only involved very late on so never experienced the assessment this means I'm not fully sure what to expect.

I'm mainly looking to find out the experience others have, in the workplace as well as with the assessment. I'm constantly looking to develop my knowledge, help influence positive outcomes and to ensure everyone has equality within their place of work (and everyday life).

Parents
  • Hello and welcome!

It's good to see someone doing their research, to help your fellow workers, and gain an understanding of autism. My hats off to you!

I'd say my best tip here is to type things you might want to look at into the search bar. There are lots of threads concerning work and health related issues.

Again welcome, and well, thanks! It's not often we get posts like this one!

• Thank you! That's quite worrying, although hopefully more are trying to help and just lurking rather than getting involved in discussions.

I think I have a basis for search, I know what my concerns are, also I know where I believe they're failing and I'm just looking for that back up.

• Thank you! That's quite worrying, although hopefully more are trying to help and just lurking rather than getting involved in discussions.

I think I have a basis for search, I know what my concerns are, also I know where I believe they're failing and I'm just looking for that back up.

Children
No Data