Hi,. everybody, guess i'm here for life :)

Hi 

My not yet diagnosed 12 yr old daughter threw herself off a building in an attempt to kill herself, She survived and was admitted to a mental health unit where she was diagnosed as Autistic. She was a very happy playful person, until the age where NT's(neuro typical) , start to go sexual due to puberty, At this point it appears that the social mask's that she developed were now out of date and no longer useful, And also that the new game involves a lot more eye contact, Something she cannot bear as it hurts. So she found herself being called a monster and was bullied. I fully understand that no autistic child should be put through this, They are themselves never going to choose this life , So i will let her choose how much she wants to engage with NT' children at this stage(when we get her back)

Being a NT myself, I know how nasty , abusive and wicked NT children are for the next 10 years. 

I am a very strange thinker when it comes to life, i like to ask very awkward questions in regards to what people think is "real" 

And i am shocked and amazed that so many questions my mind is asking do not seem to be being asked or answered anywhere ?

Yet when I talk to my daughter and try to ascertain what her reality is like, She tells me "yes dad, you've got it, you understand, you understand even more than the doctors"

So who wants a very challenging conversation in regards to what Autism actually is ?

I will lead , it does not need a cure, they are only disabled by us , without us they would be fine

And at present are being tortured and abused by NT's trying to make them more NT ish in behaviour.

Ill start with this, the greatest lie ever told to children is this "everyone goes to bed at night "

Hi again 

Parents
  • I am saddened to read of your daughter unhappiness. I do hope that her Physical Injuries have mended..You should try and let her understand that those on this website and people like me caring for a son or daughter , understand her sadness at being rejected,   

Unfortunately we have known for 1/3 of a century that autistic people like my son can have absolutely no understanding of Sex.and the opposite sex except they are more easily able to be made act bizarely..

He lives in a bizare world this is a reward.  However he may be an exception having very little language.and tries to understand this world through cartoons of Bugs Bunny, loony Tunes  etc. 

You perhaps should show her the NAS Magazine.  it would let your daughter understand that she is special - My son would not be able to relate to anything except his repetitious needs..But your daughter obviously needs acceptance of others.

There will be others who will be able to advise you as to what to do to get more help. for your daughter.when recovered - She is safe currently, this will give you time to chase up those that have failed her by not realising your daughter being autistic She must must have shown signs recognizable by professionals.

Let her know there are people here who will understand her problems, and I for one as a Parent expects she will get better and have any help she needs..

• Thank you , for your hopeful outlook 

Reply Children
No Data