Hello..

Hello.. My name is Paul and I was diagnosed ASD on the 26th June 2016..

May I firstly convey my complete admiration to everyone who communicates here.. I have personally been reading posts and kind  replies for some time now and feel it's time to stop doing what I've been doing my whole life, thats looking in from outside and join in if I may..

I know no other people on the spectrum and the thought of going to a group, well I'm not there yet.. I'm not sure what I would have to do to make that step..

I feel i already know some of you via the amazing posts I read.. the shear magnitude of clarity and depth in the words I read make me know I'm with people I relate to..

Anyway I just wanted to say hello..

Parents
  • Hi Paul,

Nice to make your acquaintance.

Welcome I am new here too. 

I am often an outsider which is not what I want out of life.

I think perhaps you should do some voluntary work with Autistic Charities that really helps to

make connections with other people of the Autistic Community plus these groups usually charge money when you go there. 

If you volunteer you can make a small donation if you wish, or maybe if your lucky they might pay you for your lunch and travel expenses.

The way I see it volunteering is the right decision its a win win situation.

• Hi Naomi..

I do find it very difficult to push myself out of my comfort zone..

communication is a very big obstacle for me and as much as I would want to, the thought of meeting new people is something that at the moment is far beyond my reach..

That said I am writing this now and that's something I thought I would not be able to achieve..

I intend to look back after a time to see how and if I have progressed here and use it in some way to combat my anxiety and confidence..

A quick thank you to all for all my welcome messages..

• Hi Paul You have done well if this is the first post you have written.

You won’t be judged here, 

wether you want to share or just join in with a short reply to a thread please feel free to do so.

it can be very daunting when first trying to get to know new people, especially as quite often they don’t understand US!

not the case here, we are all unique but here we tend to get in overall, 

always others that either fully understand your point or share similar traits and issues.

Also hobbies and interests are always welcome to be shared, 

take your time and as you said there are so many kind people here,

take care now.

• Hi Paul You have done well if this is the first post you have written.

You won’t be judged here, 

wether you want to share or just join in with a short reply to a thread please feel free to do so.

it can be very daunting when first trying to get to know new people, especially as quite often they don’t understand US!

not the case here, we are all unique but here we tend to get in overall, 

always others that either fully understand your point or share similar traits and issues.

Also hobbies and interests are always welcome to be shared, 

take your time and as you said there are so many kind people here,

take care now.

Children