New!

Hello!

my name is Danny, people call me Gumball I’m 27, turning 28 in March. I got my diagnosis a few days ago. Feeling both relieved and anxious. 

A little about me, I’m a programmer I work with my older brother on Websites for a company we founded a few years back. I also work on some game development in my spare time, when I’m not gaming myself.

before my diagnosis I had tried everything to “fit in”. After an attempt at suicide I feel deeper into the monster grasp and started to drink, heavily along with over eating. My family found the scars on my arms and it was anti-depressants for me. Of course that did not work.

i finally got an assessment and here I am. The apparent next step in evolution. Feeling better and now the cost of finding out why I was always different has cost me my teens and my twenties at least I’m still alive!

i have a strong close family along with a new sense of life. I’ve still dig myself into a hole but now that I know, I think I’m ready to live a life and not just exist!

Ive also got dyslexia too, so, ya!

Parents
  • Hi there Danny / Gumball,

I got my diagnosis quite recently - November 2018. I was 58 then so it was a very, very late diagnosis. Glad you are feeling some relief and excitement, as well as anxiety. It really does explain a lot, once you know. I've been replaying scenes from earlier in my life and everything makes so much more sense to me know. I also feel entitled to ask for adjustments - it's not that I am fussy or difficult - I really do experience things differently.

My diagnosis has inspired me to change career direction. It took a few months for me to settle down - I was on an emotional roller coaster to begin with. Now I feel like I really belong here on earth instead of being some kind of strange alien. I have even made a couple of new friends, which is most unusual for me.

I am sure you will find lots of interesting like minded people here. Even before I got my diagnosis I felt like I belonged as soon I joined this online community. Hope you find it a good place to be too. You are at a great age to start living not existing!

• Hi there Danny / Gumball,

I got my diagnosis quite recently - November 2018. I was 58 then so it was a very, very late diagnosis. Glad you are feeling some relief and excitement, as well as anxiety. It really does explain a lot, once you know. I've been replaying scenes from earlier in my life and everything makes so much more sense to me know. I also feel entitled to ask for adjustments - it's not that I am fussy or difficult - I really do experience things differently.

My diagnosis has inspired me to change career direction. It took a few months for me to settle down - I was on an emotional roller coaster to begin with. Now I feel like I really belong here on earth instead of being some kind of strange alien. I have even made a couple of new friends, which is most unusual for me.

I am sure you will find lots of interesting like minded people here. Even before I got my diagnosis I felt like I belonged as soon I joined this online community. Hope you find it a good place to be too. You are at a great age to start living not existing!

Children
No Data