Hello

Hello. 

My name is Arnold, I am 29, and I have joined this community mainly for the purpose of gaining advice. 

I have been treated as a psychiatric out-patient by my local HSCT (Northern Ireland) once between November 2016 & June 2017; and also presently since October 2018. 

To date, any psychiatric assessments has labelled me with anxiety, depression, and obsessive compulsive disorder (more specifically, ‘pure-o’. I have been on increasing levels of antidepressants and antipsychotics since October 2016 and January 2017 respectively, and am currently on 200mg Sertraline and 175mg Quetiapine daily. I am not convinced that this medication is right for me. 

I have suspected that I am on the spectrum for some time, but recently have become more and more convinced through research. My issue is that I am not confident on how to approach this topic with my keyworker or psychiatrist. 

I am due to start psychological talking therapy soon, and do not want to waste time. 

Thank you for your time and assistance. 

Arnold. 

Parents
  • Best way is to outright ask them for a test and potential diagnosis. They both want what's best for you. The worst that can happen is they say no, so ask for someone that will.

A good psychiatrist will know whether they are right for you or not, and recommend someone that is if you feel you aren't getting anywhere with them.

• Best way is to outright ask them for a test and potential diagnosis. They both want what's best for you. The worst that can happen is they say no, so ask for someone that will.

A good psychiatrist will know whether they are right for you or not, and recommend someone that is if you feel you aren't getting anywhere with them.

Children
No Data