Help please!!

Hi all my 2 year old son has been diagnosed with asd and recently started nursery problem is lately he's started biting and pinching people at home with no kind of warning and today for the 1st time he pinched 2 children in nursery he can't talk and doesn't understand commands much so how can I teach him to stop I'm worried sick about him and others around him and advice would be great thanks in advance 

Parents
  • Hi,

There is a whole section on the site about behaviour and how to communicate effectively, I did see a section on bitting but I didn't really pay attention as it wasn't the information I was looking for but thought I'd let you know it's there. 

If he has only started doing this since he started nursery could he be mimicking other children?

Sorry I'm not more helpful 

• Hi,

There is a whole section on the site about behaviour and how to communicate effectively, I did see a section on bitting but I didn't really pay attention as it wasn't the information I was looking for but thought I'd let you know it's there. 

If he has only started doing this since he started nursery could he be mimicking other children?

Sorry I'm not more helpful 

Children
  • Thankyou and i dunno to be honest he's only been there 2 weeks and never showed any interest in the other children just done his his own thing as he always does he never really bothers with anyone hardly ever interacts etc I know most 2 year olds will go through this stage but with my boy it's hard to teach him it's wrong as he doesn't communicate so I have no clue how to teach him it's wrong I'll look for the behaviour section though thanks again