Hi?!

Um hi!? I am a teen and believe I might have autism. I don’t know if I should tell my parents or not. They can usually tell if other people/children they see have autism and I feel I act just like them. I just don’t get it how they haven’t worked it out. I am quite bright at school and am almost top of my year. I get annoyed at simple things and if something goes wrong. I like planning and lists. I am not a very social person but have a couple of friends. I don’t really know what to do. I get in trouble quite often and seem to think differently and reason differently from my family. Any advice? Feel free to ask me any questions.

Parents
  • I WOULDNT  TALK TO THEM I WOULD GET A DIAGNOSES FIRST AND THEN TALK TO THEM IF YOU HAVE GOT AUTISM. THE REASON I SAY THIS IS BECAUSE ALOT OF PEOPLE CAN SAY THE WRONG THINGS. FOR EXAMPLE SAYING THINGS LIKE "YOUR NOT AUTISTIC YOU ARE JUST LAZY". I WOUD GET TESTED FIRST AND IF YOU ARE THEN YOU CAN ASK THE EXPERTS TO WRITE TO YOUR PARENTS. HOPE THIS HELPS

• OR SAY TO YOUR PARENTS I NEED YOUR HELP. I WANT TO BE TESTED FOR AUTISM. THEY MAY SUPPORT YOU

• Thanks for your thoughts, totally agree with you. Slight smile I think if I want anything to happen I would have to talk to them as I have no way of getting a diagnosis myself. Although I think I will leave it for a bit and Possibly talk to them in the near future though. 

• Thanks for your thoughts, totally agree with you. Slight smile I think if I want anything to happen I would have to talk to them as I have no way of getting a diagnosis myself. Although I think I will leave it for a bit and Possibly talk to them in the near future though. 

Children
No Data