I am new here

Hello everyone

I am James. Iam new here. 

I had my Assesment today in kidderminster.

I was very nervous.

I dont think i answred the questions fully.

They will let me know of my diagnosis within 4 weeks

James

Parents
  • Not many people replied here. :-( 

• Hello and welcome ,I am new here too and haven't received many replies.My teenage  daughter has just recently gone through the assessment process and received a diagnosis of ASD-anxiety, social anxiety,sensory issues...school 'refusal'.We are at the stage of receiving detailed feedback about the assessment process /an explanation of why ASD is the diagnosis.I remember when my daughter had finished the Autistic Observation Diagnostic schedule-she had felt very nervous about it,she said 'I am not sure if I answered everything the way I wanted to....'Now that she has received a diagnosis it seems that she is no longer concerned about the answers she gave during the assessment period-my daughter does not want people to view her as the 'autistic girl' but she also values the  the explanations she has been given-for me it makes sense that she does not want people to only see her as a 'condition/disorder',she as a fantastic personality, she is good company,she has many talents...All of this is very new to us,my daughter struggles with so many aspects of life that many other people take for granted.,I wish you all the best ,I hope that whatever the outcome of your recent assessment is that it leads to positive outcomes-we are all ,no matter our 'type' always learning about ourselves.: )

• Hello and welcome ,I am new here too and haven't received many replies.My teenage  daughter has just recently gone through the assessment process and received a diagnosis of ASD-anxiety, social anxiety,sensory issues...school 'refusal'.We are at the stage of receiving detailed feedback about the assessment process /an explanation of why ASD is the diagnosis.I remember when my daughter had finished the Autistic Observation Diagnostic schedule-she had felt very nervous about it,she said 'I am not sure if I answered everything the way I wanted to....'Now that she has received a diagnosis it seems that she is no longer concerned about the answers she gave during the assessment period-my daughter does not want people to view her as the 'autistic girl' but she also values the  the explanations she has been given-for me it makes sense that she does not want people to only see her as a 'condition/disorder',she as a fantastic personality, she is good company,she has many talents...All of this is very new to us,my daughter struggles with so many aspects of life that many other people take for granted.,I wish you all the best ,I hope that whatever the outcome of your recent assessment is that it leads to positive outcomes-we are all ,no matter our 'type' always learning about ourselves.: )

Children
No Data