Hello! I'm new here.

Hi, I'm new to this community and feeling quite relieved to have found it!

I have a 22 year old daughter who was diagnosed with ASD in July last year, a 14 year old daughter who is waiting for assessment, a 10 year old step daughter who was diagnosed age 6 and a husband who is not diagnosed but most definitely has ASD. I can also see traits in the other kids and it has been suggested by a couple of people that maybe I have ASD too.

I regularly switch from wanting to learn as much as possible about autism to trying to ignore it all and wishing it would all go away. At the moment I am trying to soak up what information I can because life has got incredibly stressful since we moved house a few months ago!

Parents
  • Hi Mrs Oldknow, and welcome!

Moving can be stressful. The main thing is, it's done now, and you'll all hopefully be used to the changes soon. Sounds like you have quite a houseful!

Getting everyone into good strong routines might help mitigate the stress of the change - there's always some old classic autism advice you can fall back on. Routines, quiet spaces where they feel happy (like getting their bedrooms just how they like them so they have a safe place they can go to destress), making Christmas like it was at the old house.

Hope to see more of you on here.

• Hi Mrs Oldknow, and welcome!

Moving can be stressful. The main thing is, it's done now, and you'll all hopefully be used to the changes soon. Sounds like you have quite a houseful!

Getting everyone into good strong routines might help mitigate the stress of the change - there's always some old classic autism advice you can fall back on. Routines, quiet spaces where they feel happy (like getting their bedrooms just how they like them so they have a safe place they can go to destress), making Christmas like it was at the old house.

Hope to see more of you on here.

Children
No Data